Friday, November 15, 2013

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! (Day one of the Free Store)

I swear I heard the Angels singing as I walked up to the free store this evening. (That or I was ready to get into a warm building as I parked my car a bit far away).

You walk into this empty old space, turned free store and you are immediately greeted by the folks who are running it - I caught the names of Melinda and Pam? I then just went at it. The stuff they had was pretty odd, yet useful. Old books from the 50s, 90s outfits. Shirts that fit me. Pretty decent books - for free!



If you have things to donate, bring them! If you don't that's fine. Just go and take stuff. Again...magic word here is Free! 

And if that wasn't enough, the folks hosting made cookies...COOKIES...and passed them out to the "Shoppers." I love every minute of it. 

Here's what I got from day one's "shopping". And yes, I am going back tomorrow. ! I'll be there around one if anyone cares to join me. 


(Got a bunch of stuffs for me, a coat for Logan, two shirts for Lizzy, a scarf for Lisa, and a board for Liz)

So, you're going right?

The Free Store
Tomorrow ONLY (11.16.13) from Noon to 8pm
Bring your stuff, and/or take their stuff...for free
4101 N. Kedzie

Group for future events: http://thefreestorechicago.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment