Sunday, November 17, 2013

A little rain ain't keeping me away from a Free shop and a Thrift store.

So I went back the next day to the Free Store. It was just as epic as the night before. Found lots of great things, and there was a dog show...a dog show! I didn't get a good pic as I was hanging outside. But let me tell you, it was epic. Noodles picked up money and put in a can! Yes!


A Sign, lots of clothes, a billboard for my yardsale idea, a sewing machine, trophies for the 2014 chili cookoff, another book, small jars, something for Marie (the green thing the couch), an Oscar De La Renta suit from the 80s, etc...

Overall, the folks who ran the Free Store seemed like artists, epic artists who have been doing whatever art they do for many years. They also knew how to run an event and were loving every part of what they were doing. These folks are inspiring!

If you want to know when the next Free Store is, follow their site!
http://thefreestorechicago.org/

Also did my usual stint at the Brown Elephant today. If you've not been to one of these stores...you're missing out on the best thrift store in Chicago. Three locations - Oak Park, Halsted and Clark. I used to work at Clark's store and now I volunteer/shop every couple of weeks. But yes, great items - hand picked for you by the staff who are knowlegable in all things antiques and cool things. And the prices are really great too for what they have. (Most clothes and shoes are $6!).


Some great pants for the Logan!



No comments:

Post a Comment