Sunday, June 8, 2014

May and the Sales you Need to Go to

May was very much the busiest of months that Oomphotography had seen since it's beginning. Lot's headshots, performances, a super hero book, all good stuff!

But there was also a fair share of second hand awesomeness!

There was the first Pay What You Can Yard Sale, and it went pretty great. For the first sale, I'm pretty happy about how it went. Show Party! Made $118, and a lot of awesome stuff went to good people.







yep...same picture from before. Scrooge McDuck didn't grow on me. 






The next sale is July 12th. Stay tuned for more details!

The month also brought Chicago's best yardsale, the Ravenswood yardsale. And it did not disappoint. 

Picked up signs, jewelry and some actual useful things. 


Nope, Logan wasn't injured...he likes to buy crunches to make video equipment...


David bought a bunch of Magic Cards.




And then there was Noelle and Rachel's Yardsale. Noelle and Rachel are two very epic folks who are Neo-Futurist Alumni. Some of the best writers I know. 


Walked away with a few books, some jewelry and A COPY OF QUARK! 

Oh Quark, God rest yee soul. I remember when I had to go back and forth between you and Adobe as my wonderful mentor, Susan was a Quark user. I'd choose Adobe any day, but it did handle fonts better.

I got their top of the line for two bucks - there are files at work that are older than dirt that Adobe doesn't dare open. 




This month has slowed down a bit, but there are some sales I'm checking out and you should too:

The Rockwell Yardsale - Next Week

The Andersonville East Yardsale - (Info not up yet, but I saw a banner at MidSommar Fest that it's the last week of June. 

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment